“I’m retired. I haven’t fought in a year, so I’m retired,” said Rolando Romero to Source of Boxing.
“I got ducked by nearly everybody. It’s crazy.”
Romero then listed the fighters he says passed on facing him.
“Devin, Conor Benn, Ryan, Pacquiao.”
The Conor Benn fight appears to be the one that still bothers him the most. Rolly claimed a deal had already been finalized for May 30 in New York before it fell apart.
“Because he got scared and ran off because he knows he’d get knocked out cold. The thing is, he knows he sucks. I don’t have a problem. I like Conor, but the thing is, I hate it when people act like they’re about something, and then they don’t do it. But we had the whole deal done.”
“We had the whole deal made for May 30th in New York.”
Romero also took a shot at Ryan Garcia when asked about the possibility of fighting him again.
“Whenever Ryan says something, you can never believe it.”
“Because that dude lies more than anybody.”
Broner repeatedly told Romero he did not believe the retirement talk, pointing to inactivity and boxing politics rather than a genuine exit from the sport. That probably reflects how many fans will see this situation as well. Rolly spent the year hunting for one major payday instead of using the belt to stay active, and now he has little leverage after sitting out for 12 months.
Rolly Romero says the reason he hasn’t fought in a year is because EVERYBODY is ducking him 🗣️
“I got ducked by literally everybody. Devin, Conor Benn, Ryan, Pacquiao…” pic.twitter.com/3b2QHvm1Rk
— Source of Boxing (@Sourceofboxing) May 21, 2026
Read the full article here













