Sami Zayn announced on last week’s “WWE SmackDown” that he is injured, and it seems that it’s a legitimate injury.

“PWInsider” has reported that Zayn’s injury, which he disclosed on last week’s “SmackDown,” is legitimate, with the outlet claiming that he has a broken hand. This is why he hasn’t wrestled in the last few weeks, with his last match coming at SummerSlam against Kevin Owens, GUNTHER, and Finn Balor. The report didn’t reveal how long Zayn will be sidelined.

Zayn, in a backstage segment with Nick Aldis and Cody Rhodes, said that he was injured when the “SmackDown” GM told him that he could face Rhodes that night and become the #1 contender to the Undisputed WWE Championship. Zayn was reluctant to accept the offer, arguing with Aldis that he was injured. The match was scheduled to close out the show, but as Zayn was making his way to the ring, Rhodes was attacked by Randy Orton, with the two brawling to close out the show, with the match between Zayn and Rhodes not taking place.

Whether Zayn will get another opportunity in the future is unclear, but WWE seems to be continuing with the Rhodes-Orton storyline, with the two set to battle at Sunday Night’s Main Event on September 6.



Read the full article here

Share.